Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: did anyone try to grow tomatoes this year?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    did anyone try to grow tomatoes this year?

    mine did awful. I got 4 tomatoes this year. most just turned black on the vine
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: did anyone try to grow tomatoes this year?

    I did, had 25 plants. All did really well until the tomatoes got big. Then they just turned black and died like yours

  3. #3
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: did anyone try to grow tomatoes this year?

    Man I had some pretty plants. They were getting decent Tomatoes on then and then I noticed a few plants the leaves wilted and Ill be ****ed they were all dead in a week.
    GO VOLS

  4. #4
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: did anyone try to grow tomatoes this year?

    i grow my "tomatoes" inside

  5. #5
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: did anyone try to grow tomatoes this year?

    Some "old timers" told me it was a tomato blight and it happens every few years.

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: did anyone try to grow tomatoes this year?

    I think it was the fairly heavy/consistent rains. Thats what I was told, it pretty much killed everybodys tomatoes that I know. We had a nice amount one day and they all were pretty much dead the next.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member The_Sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2008
    Posts
    271
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: did anyone try to grow tomatoes this year?

    I think most everyone had the same results with tomatoes. Someone said that any of the BONNY plants usually sold at Lowes and Walmart had disease. I don't know.. and haven't verified it.. But I did have a plant or 2 that was what I called Volunteers that did so-so.
    And I need to know the secret of growing 'maters' inside.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: did anyone try to grow tomatoes this year?

    I had some I grew from seeds and some heirlooms. They go hit by whatever it was. I had them close to some bonnie plants. I believe the ones I started got hit first well showed signs first.
    GO VOLS

  9. #9
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: did anyone try to grow tomatoes this year?

    Bonne Plants did recall $1M in tomato plants this year for late blight.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: did anyone try to grow tomatoes this year?

    How do we get a refund?
    GO VOLS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •